Benny O Brien from the Kilkenny Shed won the second RIBSA Snooker Intermediate Event on Sunday the 16th of October in the New Institute Snooker Club in Nenagh Town in County Tipperary.
In the final Benny beat local player Martin Kelly 3 frames to two in a great final. In the semi finals Benny beat Andrew Doherty 3 - 1 while Martin beat Frank Sarsfield 3-2 in the other semi.
Andrew Doherty won the high break with a fantastic 93 break.
RIBSA would like to thank the New Institute SC in Nenagh for hosting the event and to all the players in making it a great tournament.
You can now text your entry to the RIBSA Text number 085 2428701. This year will feature an exciting RIBSA Intermediate Snooker Tour around Ireland and a National Intermediate Championship at the end of the season.
Guidelines for eligibility to play this season:
1. Any player who finished in the Top 16 on the Senior Rankings in the previous 3 seasons or is in the top 16 of the current list at time of draw.
2. Current and former Irish Senior Champions.
3. Current and former WPBSA main tour players.
4. Former Senior Internationals.
Players in all above categories may apply to RIBSA to play in intermediates in writing (Email is acceptable).
RIBSA council reserves the right to review the eligibility of all players who enter Intermediate events
You can now text your entry to 085 2428701. This is a text number only and you must include your name, club and the event you want to enter by the closing date. Entry fees are payable on the morning of the event and entries will be accepted up to 1pm on the Friday before the tournament.
No player will be permitted to enter a tournament if he or she has money outstanding from a previous tournament this season.
The Entry fee will be €20 for seniors and €10 for juniors plus RIBSA registration.
RIBSA registration fee are 21 and over - €15.00, 16-20 - €10.00 and Under 16 - €5.00
Players must be properly dressed for all RIBSA competitions. The dress code is dark shoes, dark one coloured trousers (no jeans), one coloured shirt buttoned at the wrist and waistcoat. Waistcoats must be worn for all matches. National Waistcoats are not permissible. Matches will commence @ 10.30am.
A Copy of the Rules for all tournaments will be available at the tournaments.
1. Ronda Sheldreck - Celbridge
2. Keith O'Reilly - Newbridge CYMS
3. Aaron Hill - Crucible, Cork
4. Stephen Hill - Douglas, Cork
5. Joe Corrigan
6. Glen Redden - St. John's Limerick
7. Frank Sarsfield - St. John's Limerick
8. Ronan McMahon - St. John's Limerick
9. Andy McClosley New Institute
10. Mark Gleeson - New Institute
11. Kevin McMahon - St. John's Limerick
12. Austin Fleming - St. John's Limerick
13. Mike Howley - St. John's Limerick
14. Shane Sexton - St. Michaels Century Club
15. Clive Smith
16. Peter Dunne
17. Benny O'Brien - Kilkenny
18. James McGuinness - Kilkenny
19. Liam Kelly - New Institute
20. Colvin O'Brien - Ivy Rooms
21. Ray Scullion - Planet SC Ennis
23. Tom Constable - St. John's Limerick
24. Jimmy Flanagan - Ballinasloe
25. David Spellisey - New Institute
26. Alan O'Connor - Shooters
27. Vincent Meany - St. John's Limerick
28. Gerry Kinneen - Mechanic's Institute
29. Matty Williams - Newbridge CYMS
30. Martin Kelly - New Institute
31. Jason Burns - New Institute
32. Hughie O'Donnell - Tuam
33. Ollie Martyn - Tuam
34. Adrian Scully - Tuam
35. Paul Keighery - Ballinasloe
36. Donal Foran - Mechanics Institute
The following players are ineligible to play
Current Top 16 after Event 1