Philip O Connor from Darcy McGees won the 2016 Republic of Ireland National Club Singles Championship title in the Ivy Rooms Snooker Club on Sunday the 4th of September. This is a new event on the RIBSA Calendar as each Registered club nominated one or two players from their club to play in the event.
In the final Philip beat his clubmate Stephen Reddington 3 frames to 1 in a great final. Young Charlie Sweeney from Newbridge CYMS won the high break with a 98 Clearance.
RIBSA would like to thank Shane Mason and the Ivy Rooms SC on making the event a big success.
Each nominated player will receive free entry into this National Club Singles Championship and all matches are the best of 5 frames including the final. Trophies will be awarded to the Winner, Runner Up and Highest Break. RIBSA will also award a trophy to the winning club.Winner will also receive €200, Runner up €100, Semi Finalists €50 each and High Break €50
All players must wear a club waistcoat in the National Championship and the closing date for registered clubs to nominate players is Friday 2nd September and the draw will then be published on the web site.
1. Stephen Reddington - D'arcy McGees
2. Philip O'Connor - D'arcy McGees
3. Jessie Shortall - Q's Clondalkin
4. Mick Flood - Q's Clondalkin
5. Alan O'Connor - Shooters
6. Mark Walsh - AOH, Cork
7. Brendan O'Donoghue - New Institute
8. Martin Kelly - New Institute
9. Gary Whelan - St. Patricks Gorey
10. Robert Mulhall - St. Patricks Gorey
11. Colvin O'Brien - Ivy Rooms
13. Martin Thorpe - CYMS Newbridge
14. Charlie Sweeney - CYMS Newbridge
15. Gerry Kinneen - Mechanics Galway
16. Niall Counaire - Mechanics Galway
18. Johnny Farrell - Terry Rogers
19. Benny O'Brien - Kilkenny Shed
20. Richie Flynn - Hawk's Nest
21. Ross Bulman - Youghal
22. Noel Landers - Youghal
23. Joe Corrigan -
24. Edward Evans - AOH, Cork