Rodney Goggins from Liam Mellows in Wexford won the "Irish Masters" Cup in the Ivy Rooms Snooker in Carlow on Sunday after beating Ryan Cronin from the Crucible SC 4 frames to 2 in a superb final.
In the semi-finals Rodney beat Philip Browne 4-2 and Ryan beat Jason Devaney 4-2
Jason Devaney won the high break prize with a 102 break. RIBSA would like to thank the players and the Ivy Rooms for hosting the event and making it so successful.
Full report to follow
CLICK FULL RESULTS - Click Event 5
The 2015 - 2016 RIBSA Senior Snooker Ranking Series will feature 6 Ranking events and the National Snooker Championships this season. These rankings will be used to select the senior International players.
If the tournament is running late the T D may decide to hold over the Semi –Finals and Final until the Sunday but not before 12noon so as not to interfere with the Masters Tournament schedule.
The Top 16 players on the current Senior Rankings will be entered automatically into the draw for the event. If any player cannot play they must contact RIBSA to remove their name from the draw.
Prize Fund – All entries paid out in prize money and full breakdown provided on the day.
Minimum €1,000.00 guaranteed plus high break prize of €100 per event.
Winner 40%, Runner Up 20%, Semi Finalist 10% each, Q Finalist 5% each
RIBSA will pay all tournament expenses.
The cost of entry for Senior Tournaments will be €30.00 for 21 and over. Players under 21 on 31st December 2015 will be classed as Junior – Entry fee for Juniors will be €15.
Entry for under 16’s will be free, (all players must be members of RIBSA to play in any tournament)
RIBSA registration fees are 21 and over - €15.00, 16-20 - €10.00 and Under 16 - €5.00
The closing date for senior tournaments will be 1pm on the Thursday before the start of competition, without exception. The draw for each tournament will be available on the website www.ribsa.ie, as soon as possible.
Players must be properly dressed for all RIBSA competitions. The dress code is dark shoes, dark one coloured trousers (no jeans), one coloured shirt buttoned at the wrist and waistcoat. Waistcoats must be worn for all matches. National Waistcoats are not permissible.
A Copy of the Rules for all tournaments will be available on the website and at tournaments.
1. Michael Judge - Q Club, Wicklow
2. Jason Devaney - Deel Rover
3. Josh Boileau - Newbridge CYMS
4. Brendan O Donoghue - New Institute, Nenagh
5. Rodney Goggins - Liam Mellows
6. Ryan Cronin - Crucible, Cork
7. Jonathan Williams - Carrickmacross
8. TJ Dowling - Terry Roggers
9. Philip Browne - Terry Rogers
10. David Hogan - New Institute, Nenagh
11. John O Sullivan - Kilkenny Shed
12. Greg Casey Crucible, Cork
13. David Cassidy - Crucible, Cork
14. Tony Seymour - New Institute, Nenagh
15. Tony Corigan - Terry Rogers
16. Joe Corrigan - Terry Rogers
17. Mike Skelly - CYMS Newbridge
18. Alan O'Connor - Shooters
19. Peter Donegan - North West
20. Anthony Bonnar - North West
21. Gavin O'Donnell - Ivy Rooms
22. Peter Dunne - Dublin
23. Liam Brady - Spawell
24. Stephen Reddington - Spawell
25. Darragh Cusack - Sutton LTC
26. Aaron Holland - Joey's
27. James Bateman - Kilkenny
28. Luke Bateman - Kilkenny
29. Stephen Bateman - Kilkenny
30. Alan Cusack - Sutton LTC
31. Shane Gorman - Graigue
32. Daniel O'Regan - Crucible
33. John McBride - Navan
34. Dessie Sheehan - Alsaa
35. Philip Burke - The Planet SC
36. Mikey Burke - The Planet SC
37. Cathail Burke - The Planet SC
38. John Greer - The Planet SC
39. Jordan Murphy - The Planet SC
40. Ray Scullion - The Planet SC
41. Pat Mooney - The Planet SC
42. Johnny Farrell - Terry Rogers
43. James Fennessy - Edenderry
44. Dylan Keightley - Ivy Rooms
45. Brendan Murphy - Roadstone
46. Adam Nolan - CYMS Newbridge
47. Andrew Doherty - NUI Maynooth
48. Colvin O'Brien - Ivy Rooms
49. Sean Conway - Mayo
50. Adam Quinn - Edenderry
51. Paul Ludden - Alsaa
52. Philip O'Connor - Terry Rogers
53. Benny O'Brien - Kilkenny
54. John Lynch - Terry Rogers
55. Adam O'Shea-Dowling - CYMS Newbridge
56. Pat Bonnar - Northwest
57. Colm Gilcreest - Navan