Michael Judge from the Q Club in Wicklow won the fourth RIBSA Senior Ranking event of the season "The Premier Cup" on Saturday / Sunday the 9th and 10th of January in the Ivy Rooms Snooker Club, Carlow.
In the final Michael beat David Hogan 4 frames to 2 in a superb final. Rodney Goggins had the highest break with a fanrastic 134.
In the early rounds there were big shocks when the Number 1 seed Josh Boileau beaten by Ian Smith from D'Arcy McGees 3 frames to 2 while the Number 2 seed also went out when Brendan O Donoghue was beaten by Peter Donegan from the Northwest 3 frames to 2.
The shocks continued when Ryan Cronin beat Martin McCrudden 3 frames to 1. Daniel Dempsey beat TJ Dowling 3 frames to 2 while Jonathan Williams beat Greg Casey 3 frames to 2 and John Greer rolled back the years to record a 3 -2 victory over Tony Corrigan.
Rodney Goggins set up an early high break target in the last 64 when he hit a 134 break against Luke Bateman while Ryan Cronin hit a 116 in his victory over Martin McCrudden.
The Q-Final line up saw eight top class players qualify with a number of great victories on the day.
David Cassidy 1-3 Rodney Goggins
Ryan Cronin 2-3 Michael Judge
Jason Devaney 3-2 Jonathan Willimas
David Hogan 3-2 Philip Browne
The Semi Final line up was played on Sunday Morning
Rodney Goggins 2-4 Michael Judge
Jason Devaney 3-4 David Hogan
RIBSA would like to thank The Ivy Rooms Snooker Club for hosting the event. Tournament Directors Brendan Devlin and Tony Thorpe for running the event. Shane Corr and Conor Doyle for Refereeing on the day.
Finally RIBSA would like to thank all the players in making the events such a big success and well done to Michael Judge.
The 2015 - 2016 RIBSA Senior Snooker Ranking Series will feature 6 Ranking events and the National Snooker Championships this season. These rankings will be used to select the senior International players.
Format : All matches are best of 5 frames with the Semi Final & Final Best of 7 frames.
If the tournament is running late the T D may decide to hold over the Semi –Finals and Final until the Sunday.
The Top 16 players on the current Senior Rankings will be entered automatically into the draw for the event. If any player cannot play they must contact RIBSA to remove their name from the draw.
Prize Fund – All entries paid out in prize money and full breakdown provided on the day.
Minimum €1,000.00 guaranteed plus high break prize of €100 per event.
Winner 40%, Runner Up 20%, Semi Finalist 10% each, Q Finalist 5% each
RIBSA will pay all tournament expenses.
The cost of entry for Senior Tournaments will be €30.00 for 21 and over. Players under 21 on 31st December 2015 will be classed as Junior – Entry fee for Juniors will be €15.
Entry for under 16’s will be free, (all players must be members of RIBSA to play in any tournament)
RIBSA registration fees are 21 and over - €15.00, 16-20 - €10.00 and Under 16 - €5.00
The closing date for senior tournaments will be 1pm on the Thursday before the start of competition, without exception. The draw for each tournament will be available on the website www.ribsa.ie, as soon as possible.
Players must be properly dressed for all RIBSA competitions. The dress code is dark shoes, dark one coloured trousers (no jeans), one coloured shirt buttoned at the wrist and waistcoat. Waistcoats must be worn for all matches. National Waistcoats are not permissible.
A Copy of the Rules for all tournaments will be available on the website and at tournaments.
1. Josh Boileau -CYMS Newbridge
2. Brendan O Donoghue - New Institute
3. Jason Devaney - Deel Rover
4. Michael Judge - Q Club Wicklow
5. Ryan Cronin - Crucible
6. Jonathan Williams - Carrickmacross
7. TJ Dowling - Terry Rogers
8. Rodney Goggins - 147 Wexford
9. John O Sullivan - Kilkenny Shed
10. Philip Browne - Terry Rogers
11. Greg Casey - Crucible
12. Tony Seymour - New Institute
13. Tony Corrigan - Terry Rogers
14. Adrian Morrissey - Adamstown
15. Stephen Reddington - Spawell
16. David Cassidy - Crucible
17. Peter Donegan - Northwest
18. Shane Gorman - Graigue
19. Alan O'Connor - Shooters
20. Liam Brady - Spawell
21. Dessie Sheehan - Alsaa
22. Joe Corrigan - Terry Rogers
23. Aaron Holland - Joey's
24. Paul Ludden - Alsaa
25.Anthony Bonnar - North West
26. Benny O'Brien - Kilkenny
27. John Farrell - Terry Rogers
28. Mark Owens - Terry Rogers
29. Paul Arnold - Celbridge
30. John McBride - Navan
31. Darragh Cusack - Sutton LTC
32. Alan Cusack - Sutton LTC
33. Grace Park - Spawell
34. Philip Burke - Planet SC Ennis
35. Mikey Burke - Planet SC Ennis
36. Cathail Burke - Planet SC Ennis
37. John Greer - Planet SC Ennis
38. Jordan Murphy - Planet SC Ennis
39. Peter Dunne - Dublin
40. Chris Kilcoyne - Sligo
41. Andrew Doherty - NUI Maynooth
42. Diarmuid O'Connor - NUI Maynooth
43. Daniel Dempsey - CYMS Newbridge
44. Adam Nolan - CYMS Newbridge
45. Charlie Sweeney - Cyms Newbridge
46. Ivor Fitzpatrick - Dublin
47. Daniel O'Regan - Macroom
48. Ian Smith - D'Arcy McGees
49. Philip O'Connor - D'Arcy McGees
50. Stephen Bateman - Kilkenny
51. Andrew Montgomery
52. David Hogan - New Institute
53. Neil Guidon - Celbridge
54. Dane Daly Mulpeter - Spawell
55. Gavin O'Donnell - Ivy Rooms
56. Adam O'Shea Dowling - CYMS Newbridge
57. Keith O'Reilly - CYMS Newbridge
58. Oisin Bateman - Kilkenny
59. Luke Bateman - Kilkenny
60. Martin McCrudden - Terry Rogers
61. Atiq Mohamad - Dublin
62. Colvin O'Brien - Ivy Rooms